Resources for Leading During the COVID-19 Crisis
Cause Strategy Partners maintains a close eye on the evolving COVID-19 crisis and how it affects our corporate and foundation partners, our BoardLeaders and the nonprofits they serve. We remain committed to maintaining our programming at pre-crisis levels, and are supporting our stakeholders in a variety of new ways, from webinars and resources on board leadership, to simply connecting with our community to hear your challenges and celebrate your stories of resilience.
Below, we have complied information and resources from trusted organizations on how to lead and respond during the current COVID-19 crisis. Additionally, information is provided to help you navigate current government programs.
View our recent webinar, Board Leadership in the Current Crisis: 12 Strategies for Immediate Action.
Cause Strategy Partners blog posts:
Find Your Local Nonprofit Membership Organizations
- No matter where you are, there is likely a nonprofit membership organization or capacity-building organization that can provide information on local policies and opportunities during the crisis. Use the National Council of Nonprofits’ website to locate your state association.
Small Business Association, Paycheck Protection Program, and CARES Act Information
- The Joyce Foundation compiled helpful articles on CARES Act guidance for nonprofits.
- Independent Sector created a resource hub for CARES Act information and holds frequent webinars.
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest has compiled a New York focused resource guide for PPP funding. NYLPI has also offered to provide nonprofits with access to pro bono attorneys to support their PPP application process.
Resource Hubs from Trusted Nonprofit Organizations
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals has compiled a resource hub that pulls together dozens of thought leadership pieces on nonprofit leadership and fundraising during the crisis, as well as American and Canadian federal funding FAQs
- The Bridgespan Group is a global nonprofit organization that collaborates with mission-driven leaders, organizations, philanthropists, and investors to improve the quality of life for those in need.
- Collection of Bridgespan Resources: Guidance for nonprofits, philanthropists, and impact investors on navigating the Coronavirus crisis and the expected economic downturn.
- A curated list of resources for nonprofits and funders from other prominent organizations.
- From general news to response fund info, the Council on Foundations has created a useful internal and external resource hub for nonprofits.
- Community Foundations has a state by state guide to community foundation actions and resources available for nonprofits:
- BoardSource has compiled information about how nonprofits and board members can respond and work through the current crisis.