BoardLead Program Specialist (Part Time)
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities. In 2019, Cause Strategy Partners was named to the inaugural list of the Top 100 Impact Companies in North America, the RealLeaders 100.
Our programs and services are four-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with global professional service firms, Fortune 500 companies and philanthropic foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent: We provide strategic consulting to CSR, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Board Governance: We help social good organizations optimize board performance through customized engagements designed to diagnose the root problem, develop an informed action plan & deliver solutions.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board and chief executive leadership, board effectiveness, the nonprofit sector, social entrepreneurship, and other related topics.
Our client-partners include PwC, Google, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, Comcast, BlackRock, ConEdison, Adobe, The Macquarie Group, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, Capital One, Moody’s Investor Services, Motorola Solutions, KPMG, Mastercard, Workday, Cushman & Wakefield, Altamont Capital Partners, The Chicago Community Trust, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Check out www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven candidate to join our team. The BoardLead Program Specialist will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff, consultants, and partners, with a special focus on providing outstanding customer service and programmatic support for CSP’s signature program, BoardLead.
The BoardLead Program Specialist will:
- Support nonprofit outreach in Fall 2020 rounds of BoardLead in 9 U.S. markets, including:
- Conducting outreach calls to inform nonprofits of the BoardLead opportunity
- Communicating via email with nonprofits to answer questions and encourage participation
- Collaborate with BoardLead Round Managers to complete nonprofit selection, including:
- Reviewing nonprofit applications and assessing fit for BoardLead
- Conducting consultation calls with nonprofit Board Chairs and CEOs to learn more about nonprofit needs and alignment with BoardLead
- Participating in nonprofit selection days by sharing insight gained through application review and consultation calls
- Complete the matching process between candidates and nonprofits in collaboration with the BoardLead team
- Support preparations for Spring 2021 launch of BoardLead, including:
- Identifying nonprofits that would be a strong fit for BoardLead in new and existing markets
- Researching and proposing potential BoardLead strategic partners in new or existing markets, or on a national scale
- Collaborate with the BoardLead team in our commitment to continuous learning and optimization as we strengthen the tools, systems, and processes used to execute BoardLead by:
- Sharing and documenting feedback on the round launch and application processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note the following expectations for the role:
- College graduate or current Masters candidate.
- Part-time project-based opportunity with a 30-hour per week requirement.
- Work will be performed virtually. The specialist will be responsible for using their own computer, phone and other necessary technology.
- Commit to an employment period from August 24, 2020 through Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 with a couple of days of advanced training.
- The BoardLead Program Specialist will be compensated $20 to $22 per hour, commensurate with experience.
The individual(s) selected to fill this important position will be expected to perform their work in accord with the values of Cause Strategy Partners. The candidate will work directly with directors and managers on the Cause Strategy Partners team and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: A great deal of time will be invested in building strong relationships with external stakeholders via email and telephone.
- Technological prowess: Candidates must be skilled in using various research tools to identify potential nonprofit and strategic partners.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: As an innovative, growing, early-stage organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Responsible: The BoardLead Program Specialist will take complete ownership over accomplishing their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Whitley Richards, Director of BoardLead
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 10, 2020