Program Associate (Full Time)
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy, and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability, and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained, and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms, and foundations to recruit, place, train, and support professionals for high-impact board service. BoardLead is an award-winning program.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling, and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Workday, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, ADA 25 Advancing Leadership, and scores of social good organizations based in over 20 cities in the U.S. and Globally.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent, and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
Visit www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners, LLC seeks a wildly talented, deeply passionate, and incredibly fun mission-driven professional to join our team. The Program Associate will work closely with professionals from Fortune 500 companies, philanthropic foundations, and nonprofit organizations to drive high-impact nonprofit board placement, training and support.
The Program Associate will:
- Manage the BoardLead application process for all interested nonprofits and professionals, including:
- Present the BoardLead opportunity to hundreds of nonprofit leaders
- Serve as the main point of contact for professionals from F500 companies as they complete the online BoardLead application
- Conduct consultation calls with select nonprofits to determine readiness and fit
- Drive the BoardLead matching process, including:
- Prepare matching materials to facilitate effective dialogue, specializing in understanding the governance needs of nonprofit participants
- Match participating nonprofits and professionals
- Consult to nonprofits and professionals as they explore mutual fit, including:
- Offer strategic advice at key points throughout the vetting, nomination, and election process for both nonprofit leadership and professionals
- Support the growth of the BoardLead program; both deepening our impact in existing markets (NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, and Philadelphia/Wilmington) and expanding our footprint across the US (including to Charlotte, Detroit, Denver, and more)
- Manage logistics of the training program for elected professionals
- Deliver essential information to nonprofits and professionals who move through the process via webinar, phone and in-person presentations
- Guide the ongoing development of program tools and resources, including:
- Support BoardLead data management and evaluation efforts
- Contribute to quality assurance of program tools and systems
- Perform other duties necessary to effectively administer the program as it develops
- Support ongoing internal and external engagements in partnership with the Cause Strategy Partners team
The Program Associate selected to fill this position will report into the BoardLead team. They must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: a great deal of time will be invested in building meaningful relationships with a host of external stakeholders.
- Technological and design prowess: candidate must be skilled in building effective and attractive presentation decks and navigating Excel/Google Sheets, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as an earlier-stage consulting social enterprise, the Cause Strategy Partners team shows up each day with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eagerness to build something great for our society.
- Nonprofit experience: nonprofit governance is our passion – a familiarity with and dedication to the social good sector is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from an accredited university.
- At least one to three years working in a position with relevant experience, or the ability to make the case in your cover letter that you are nonetheless the perfect fit for this role.
- A passion for community service and the importance of the nonprofit sector to society.
- An understanding and belief in Cause Strategy Partners’ values: Relationships, Excellence, Honesty, Advancement, Creativity, and Delectation.
- An understanding and belief in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Intrinsic motivation with the ability to work effectively in a full-time virtual team environment.
Competitive full-time salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
As an organization operating virtually, now and for the foreseeable future, we invite applicants without regard to geographic location. Please send an email (with the subject line: “Program Associate Application”) with your resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Whitley Richards, Director of BoardLead
Application Deadline: April 2, 2021
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring, and promotion.