Graduate Fellow (Part Time)
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to inspire the world’s professionals to serve their cause. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service. BoardLead is an award-winning program.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Workday, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, ADA 25 Advancing Leadership, and scores of social good organizations based in 19 cities nationwide.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
See www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven graduate student to join our summer team. The Graduate Fellow will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners’ senior leadership including the Founder and CEO, COO and CPO with a special focus on building internal capacity and pursuing strategic objectives of the overall enterprise.
The Graduate Fellow will:
- Support the Leadership Team in building internal capacity and implementing a range of strategic objectives as outlined in CSP’s recently developed Three Year Strategic Plan
- Support data efforts relating to our flagship BoardLead program and overall organization including:
- BoardLead data management and evaluation efforts;
- Analysis of BoardLead’s impact.
- Engage in internal and external consulting assignments to build CSP capacity which could include:
- Support technology needs, including CSP’s Google drive, database back-up, technology needs, CRM, and data management; and (2) creating systems and manuals for the future maintenance of these technologies as opportunities arise.
- Support research and development projects
- Support internal operations projects to invest in CSP’s team members which could include: supporting the identification and implementation of an improved performance management system, supporting the design of an internal board placement program, and evaluating CSP’s performance along important internal measures.
- Support external consulting and speaking engagements in partnership with CSP’s Founder and CEO
- Support all other tasks as identified by supervisor
Please note the following expectations for our internship program:
- Contractor position with a 12-15 hour per week commitment.
- Commit to the entire fellowship duration, beginning in mid-October and continuing through Friday, May 13th, 2021 with 2-3 advance training days
- The Graduate Fellow will be compensated at a rate of $25/hour.
The Graduate Fellow selected to fill this important position will work directly with Leadership Team members at Cause Strategy Partners and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: team members must demonstrate comfort with building internal and external relationships.
- Data Management: the fellow must demonstrate comfort with data management, with attention to detail and the ability to organize and interpret large amounts of data.
- Research + Data Synthesis: the graduate will be asked to support the design and build of new projects, presenting research findings and synthesizing data to propose optimal solutions for the organization.
- Technology and design prowess: the individual must be skilled in building high-impact presentation decks and navigating Excel, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as a growing organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Ambitious & flexible: no two days will be the same while we energetically build a social enterprise together.
- Responsible: the Graduate Fellow will take ownership over their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Public Administration, Business, Social Impact or a similar field.
- Track record of working effectively with senior leadership.
- A passion for community service and the importance of the nonprofit sector to society.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management and/or Internal Operations preferred.
- An understanding and belief in Cause Strategy Partners’ values: Relationships, Excellence, Honesty, Zeal, Advancement, and Creativity.
- Understand and believe in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Intrinsic motivation with the ability to work effectively in a full-time virtual team environment.
We are committed to ensuring that the graduate students who work with us through our fellowship program have a first-class learning experience. Fellows get quality time with senior team members, engage in “meaty” work of real consequence and impact, and manage relationships with various business and nonprofit professionals. We work hard and we have a great time doing it.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
As an organization operating virtually, we invite applicants without regard to geographic location. Please send an email (with the subject line: “Graduate Fellow Application”) with your resume and detailed cover letter to:
Alexandra Hallock, Chief Operating Officer
Application Deadline: Rolling Basis, but no later than September 30, 2021
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.