BoardLead Program Specialist, London
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals onto nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service. BoardLead is an award-winning program.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Trustees of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Workday, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, ADA 25 Advancing Leadership, and scores of social good organizations based in 19 cities in the United States. In 2021, BoardLead is expanding its programming globally starting in London, UK.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven candidate to join our team as we launch our work in London. The BoardLead Program Specialist will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff, consultants, and partners, with a special focus on providing outstanding customer service and programmatic support for CSP’s signature program, BoardLead.
The BoardLead Program Specialist will:
- Support outreach to local charities the inaugural round of BoardLead in London, including:
- Identifying nonprofit organizations that would be a strong fit for BoardLead in London
- Conducting outreach calls to inform organizations of the BoardLead opportunity
- Communicating via email with organizations to answer questions and encourage participation
- Collaborate with BoardLead staff to complete selection of nonprofit organizations, including:
- Reviewing charity applications and assessing fit for BoardLead
- Conducting consultation calls with nonprofit Board Chairs and CEOs to learn more about their needs and alignment with BoardLead
- Participating in nonprofit organization selection days by sharing insight gained through application review and consultation calls
- Complete the matching process between candidates and nonprofit organizations in collaboration with the BoardLead team>
- Support preparations for future rounds of BoardLead, including:
- Identifying organizations that would be a strong fit for BoardLead in future London rounds
- Researching and proposing potential BoardLead strategic partners
- Support the development of training content for BoardLead London in partnership with BoardLead team and strategic partners
- Collaborate with the BoardLead team in our commitment to continuous learning and optimization as we strengthen the tools, systems, and processes used to execute BoardLead by:
- Sharing and documenting feedback on the round launch and application processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note the following expectations for the role:
- Part-time project-based opportunity with a 30-hour per week requirement.
- Work will be performed in a virtual office environment. There is the potential for occasional in-person meetings which would be held in a manner consistent with governmental public health guidelines.
- The specialist will be responsible for using their own computer, phone and other necessary technology.
- Commit to a 20- week employment period between February 15, 2021 and July 9, 2021 with a couple of days of advanced training.
- The BoardLead Program Specialist will be compensated £16 to £18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
The individual(s) selected to fill this important position will be expected to perform their work in accord with the values of Cause Strategy Partners. The candidate will work directly with directors and managers on the Cause Strategy Partners team and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: A great deal of time will be invested in building strong relationships with external stakeholders via email and telephone.
- Technological prowess: Candidates must be skilled in using various research tools to identify potential nonprofit and strategic partners.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: As an innovative, growing, early-stage organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Responsible: The BoardLead Program Specialist will take complete ownership over accomplishing their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Alexandra Hallock, Senior Director, BoardLead Innovation and Expansion (based in London)
Subject line: BoardLead Program Specialist, London
Application Deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.