BoardLead Program Specialist (Part Time)
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our two formal training programs are:
- BoardLearn: Our suite of online and live learning experiences provide newly elected board members with the knowledge they need to step into the board room with confidence on day one.
- Advanced Governance Training: Our team of expert governance trainers provides advanced training on various governance topics for corporate, foundation and nonprofit partners looking to hone their skills in the boardroom.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, NBCUniversal, Fidelity Investments, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, Dell Technologies, and hundreds of nonprofit organizations in 25 U.S. cities, as well as London, England.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
See www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven candidate to join our team. The BoardLead Program Specialist will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff, consultants, and partners, with a special focus on providing outstanding customer service and programmatic support for CSP’s signature program, BoardLead.
The BoardLead Program Specialist will:
- Collaborate with BoardLead Round Managers to complete nonprofit selection, including:
- Reviewing nonprofit applications and assessing fit for BoardLead
- Conducting consultation calls with nonprofit Board Chairs and CEOs to learn more about nonprofit needs and alignment with BoardLead
- Participating in nonprofit selection days by sharing insight gained through application review and consultation calls
- Complete the matching process between candidates and nonprofits in collaboration with the BoardLead team
- Support preparations for future round launch of BoardLead, including:
- Identifying nonprofits that would be a strong fit for BoardLead in new and existing markets
- Researching and proposing potential BoardLead strategic partners in new or existing markets, or on a national scale
- Collaborate with the BoardLead team in our commitment to continuous learning and optimization as we strengthen the tools, systems, and processes used to execute BoardLead by:
- Sharing and documenting feedback on the round launch and application processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note the following expectations for the role:
- Part-time project-based opportunity with a 30-hour per week requirement.
- Work will be performed virtually. The specialist will be responsible for using their own computer, phone and other necessary technology.
- Commit to a 11-week employment period between September 27, 2021 and December 10, 2021
- The BoardLead Program Specialist will be compensated $20 to $22 per hour, commensurate with experience.
The individual(s) selected to fill this important position will be expected to perform their work in accord with the values of Cause Strategy Partners. The candidate will work directly with directors and managers on the Cause Strategy Partners team and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: A great deal of time will be invested in building strong relationships with external stakeholders via email and telephone.
- Technological prowess: Candidates must be skilled in using various research tools to identify potential nonprofit and strategic partners.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: As an innovative, growing, early-stage organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Responsible: The BoardLead Program Specialist will take complete ownership over accomplishing their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Nick Boyle, Senior Program Associate
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.