BoardLead strengthens social good organizations by recruiting, placing, training and supporting talented professionals from top companies for high-impact board service.
Nonprofits need an efficient way to meet talented professionals from top companies who are motivated, trained and ready to serve.
Earlier-career professionals want to use their skills for good, build their professional networks and strengthen their future career path.
Leading companies invest in their people by offering meaningful community service opportunities and supporting leadership development.
The BoardLeader Way
We set high expectations for those we place on boards.
- Robust participation in board meetings
- Service on at least one board committee
- A near perfect meeting attendance record
- A personally meaningful and sacrificial annual contribution
- Active participation in all fundraising efforts
- Leveraging one’s skills and network to drive impact
- Completion of each elected term
By setting a standard of excellence, it is our hope that BoardLeaders will rise to a board leadership position within 18 months.
How It Works
Select Nonprofit Cohort
Build Talent Pool
Match Candidates to Nonprofits
Support Vetting & Nomination Process
Provide Training & Ongoing Support
Click here to see an infographic of our progress in 2015, including BoardLead results.
Nonprofit Organizations Served
Ali Forney Center
Atlantic Theater Company
Harlem RBI DREAM Charter School
See a full list for 2015.
Corporate and Foundation Partners
The Joyce Foundation
Heckscher Foundation for Children
What people are saying about BoardLead
- Jeremy Davis, Assistant Vice President, Citizenship & Reputation, Barclays
- Peter Sloane, Chairman and CEO, The Heckscher Foundation for Children
- Andrew So, Executive Director, South Bronx United
- Lori Sherman, Deputy Director and Chief Development Officer, The Center for Arts Education
- Eliza Pesuit, Chief Executive Officer, Global Glimpse